Uitzicht van Arai-Te-Uru wandelroute

Uitzicht van Arai-Te-Uru wandelroute van Studio W&W

Materiaal, afmeting en opties aanpassen.

,- gratis verzending!

In je winkelmand

Werkcode: 183905

Uitzicht van Arai-Te-Uru wandelroute van Studio W&W

Koop dit werk op canvas, aluminium, Xpozer, (ingelijste) fotoprint of behang, op maat geprint in Fine-Art kwaliteit.

Kies het materiaal Meer informatie
Canvas
Kies materiaal opties Andere wensen?
gratis verzending!

Dit werk in jouw (woon)kamer bekijken?

Gebruik onze app en hang een werk virtueel op in je eigen ruimte. Met de werkcode hang je elk werk eenvoudig virtueel op in onze Android, iPhone & iPad app. Meer over de werking van de app .

Omschrijving

Het uitzicht van de plek waar John Martin zijn seinmast had om de schepen binnen te leiden in de haven van Opononi. Hier ligt ook de Arai-Te-Uru wandelroute die bij deze plek eindigt.

The first European settler in the Omapere area was John Martin, who arrived in the Hokianga Harbour in 1827. In 1832 Martin purchased land on the flat area, along the beach at Omapere. In 1838 Martin extended his land purchase to the Hokianga Harbour's South Head, where he established a signal station to guide ships crossing the challenging harbour entrance. The signal station remained in operation until 1951.

In 1869, a bush licence was granted to Charles Bryers at Omapere. In the mid 1870s, a liquor licence was then given to the establishment called the 'Heads'. This later became the 'Travellers Rest'. By 1876 the farm of John Martin had become the township of Pakia. It was home to a hotel, two stores, several houses and a school house. The name Omapere began to be used more frequently and became Omapere by residents agreement in 1874.

In 1855, John Webster, who had arrived in New Zealand in 1841, bought 700 acres of rough land at Opononi and established a homestead and pastoral farm which he developed into a showplace, entertaining vice-royalty several times. He also built a wharf, gum-store and a trading store. In 1894, Webster put the house and farm on the market. The store and gum store were taken over by Alfred Sprye Andrewes who later converted the gum store into a two storey ho

Over Studio W&W

Studio W&W

Alle werken